Churches‎ > ‎

Slangerup - Skt. Mikael

Skt. Mikael's Church
Skt. Mikael's Church is properly the fifth church constructed on the hill in the middle of Slangerup. The current church was inaugurated in either 1588 or 1589, and replaced a smaller church, which in 1411 was dedicated to Skt. Mikael. However escavations in 1981 reviled that there appear to have been a church at this location at least since about the year 1000. 

The large church in Slangerup has been our family church since we settled in Slangerup early in 1988. The picture to the right of the current Skt. Mikael's Church was taken from Slangerup Busstation by Council member Niels Jensen on March 19th, 2009 using a Canon Powershot G7.

Under the Northern wall of the current church remains of older burial constructions from the bronze-, iron- or stone-age has been discovered during a major escavation by the Danish National Museum.